What to bring to Class
- Flat Collar and 6 Foot leash
- Soft, small food rewards (when you have registered for classes you will be sent a list of recipes and reward suggestions
- No hard biscuits or anything that crumbles, Thank you :).
- Doggy Pick Up Bags
- Water and Water Bowl ( we don’t offer a community water bowl)
- You are welcome to bring a Clicker, however we use the marker word of Yes instead of clicker.
- Your puppy’s or dog’s favorite Toy/Tug
- Crate if you feel that your pup or dog will need it
- Head Halter if your pup or dog is hard to control – we recommend a HALTI brand.
- No Prong/Pinch Collars are allowed
- No Choke Chains
- No Electronic Shock (or vibrating) Collars allowed
- No Retractable Leashes
The most informative time of a puppy’s life is the time period between 4 weeks and 4 months of age. This is a critical time to properly socialize and to start training your puppy. The purpose of the Puppy Primer course is to safely socialize you pup to as many people and other puppies as possible. The curriculum includes topics such as House Training, Bite Inhibition, Impulse Control, Appropriate Play with People and other dogs, Focus on Handler, Building Loose Leash Skills, Come when called, Sit and Down and preventing common obedience problems such as Jumping up on people.
Puppies must have proof of the first set of Vaccinations.
9-14 weeks (older small breed puppies can join this class if the owner prefers)
Course Length: 4 Weeks, 1 Hour per week.
$80.00 plus HST
Puppy Basic Obedience & Manners:
Prerequisite: Puppy Primer or equivalent for another school.
A continuation of our Puppy Primer course which concentrates on Auto Sits, Down, Amazing Recalls, Polite Greetings (no jumping up), Counter Surfing (begging or stealing food), and No Pulling Loose Leash Walking.
4 months to 6 months
Course Length; 7 Weeks, I Hour per week.
Class Starting Sunday January 8, 2017 at 9:30 AM
$155.00 plus HST
10 % Discount if Prerequisite is completed at On Target Dog Training
Puppy Gymboree Drop In
Drop In (watch the website for upcoming dates or email for dates)
9- 14 weeks of age
Puppy supervised social, proof of first vaccinations required
$10.00 for On Target Students
$15.00 for non Students